Monday, December 2, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream



I haven't had ice cream in years!  Wow, was I surprised when I tasted this yummy concoction.  When my neighbor offered fresh mint from her garden, I couldn't resist to try a new recipe.  I have found a new favorite!

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

2 frozen bananas (I freeze them in halves and quarters)

1 c. fresh mint leaves (removed from stem)
2 T. coconut oil
5 T. chocolate chips

1 T. honey
1 t. unsweetened cocoa
1/4 c. almond milk

Put all ingredients in Blendtec Twister Jar.  Mix thoroughly (until mint leaves are shredded) on 'ice cream' setting.  Pour into serving bowls and place in freezer overnight.  The following day, top with real whipping cream and chopped almonds or chocolate shavings and serve.  Heaven!

Note:  This ice cream is chocolate and creamy in texture.  If you would like to have chocolate chunks in your ice cream, then mix the chocolate chips or chunks into the ice cream before pouring into bowls to freeze.